Rules of Play
1) All children must be accompanied by a responsible adult, who should over the age of 18 and must remain within the building at all times. The Megacentre Rayleigh does not accept responsibility for the supervision of children.
2) Leave badges, valuable items and toys with a responsible adult. Spectacles should only be worn if they have shatterproof lenses.
3) When entering the structure shoes must be removed and socks worn by everyone going on the structure including adults.
4) There is an age restriction in some areas and this is in place for the safety and enjoyment for all children.
5) Wristbands are restricted to 2 hours. Overstay of the time limit may result in an over charge which must be paid before leaving the building.
6) It is recommended that children wear suitable clothing to cover their arms and legs and all clothing to be tucked in to minimise the risk of injury.
7) For safety reasons, we ask that parents do not ride slides. Children are not permitted to climb the slides or play in front of the slide exits.
8) No sharp objects may be taken into the Megaplay.
9) It is forbidden to climb on the netted walls or the structure framework.
10) No food or drink items are allowed on any of the play equipment. Chewing gum is strictly prohibited.
11) It is forbidden to smoke or light candles within the play centre.
12) Children who are unwell, or who have been unwell, should not visit the centre for at least 48 hours. Children who become unwell in the centre, must leave the centre immediately.
13) Balls or other objects must not be thrown at each other.
14) Abusive, aggressive or any type of behaviour deemed to be unsuitable towards Megacentre staff or other members of the public, from either children or adults, will not be tolerated under any circumstances. Management reserve the right to enforce total bans.
15) Parents / guardians must:
- Accept full responsibility to supervise their children at all times.
- Observe their children to ensure that they are capable of using the equipment safely.
- Explain these rules of play to the children and monitor their behaviour.
- Report any behavioural concerns to a member of staff. Do not attempt to intervene yourself.
16) Report all accidents to a member of staff to ensure that we can provide any necessary assistance and minimise the potential of reoccurrence. These will be logged and are an important part of ongoing safety audits.
17) Please report any damage to Megacentre property to a member of staff.
18) In the interests of Health and Safety, please ensure that any food debris which fall on the floor are picked/wiped up as soon as possible. Report any spillages to a member of staff.
19) No food or drink can be consumed in the centre, unless purchased from the café. However, it is permitted to bring food and drink for babies under 1 year. Abuse of this rule, will result in the customer being asked to leave the centre.
20) Nappy changing and the use of potties etc. must be conducted in the toilets. Please ensure all nappies are placed in the correct bin provided.
21) Children and adults must report any behavioural concerns to a member of staff and not attempt to intervene themselves.
22) We suggest that you leave all valuables at home. We provide shoe pockets, but cannot accept liability for any loss or theft that may occur.
23) Our team will keep watchful eye on children as they go about their normal tasks, however children will always remain the full responsibility of the parent, guardian or organiser at all times.
24) For health and safety we advise any customers with medical conditions, including pregnancy, to avoid our activities.
25) Management reserve the right to refuse entry.
26) Adults are only allowed on the soft play structure to supervise the children they are responsible for and must follow rules, including wearing socks at all times.
- Socks must be worn at all times and it is advisable to have children’s arms and legs fully covered. Dresses, skirts and shorts are unsuitable.
- Children should use slides feet first in a sitting or lying position on their backs. They should be encouraged to keep elbows in and clear of the slide surface.
- Our equipment is designed for children’s play and adults using it do so at their own risk.
- Adults are not permitted to use the slides.