Rules of Play
Rules of Play
1) All children must be accompanied by a responsible adult, over the age of 18, who must remain within the building at all times. The MegaCentre Rayleigh does not accept responsibility for the supervision of children.
2) Children should use the toilet and wash their hands before entering The MegaCentre Rayleigh play areas.
3) Leave badges and jewellery with a responsible adult. Spectacles should only be worn if used with a retainer and shatter proof lenses.
4) Shoes must be removed before entering the MegaPlay area. Socks must be worn at all times by both children and adults.
5) Age restrictions vary dependant on the play area that visitors are using. These are in place for the safely and enjoyment of all children.
6) Pay and Play sessions are restricted to 120 minutes during peak times. Overstay of an enforced play time limit will result in an overstay charge which must be paid in full on leaving the building.
7) Children are advised to wear long trousers and long sleeved shirts on the play equipment, to minimise risk of personal injury. Clothes should be tucked in at all times. Clothes with ropes and cords should not be worn in the play area.
8) For their safety, we ask that you parents do not ride slides. Please also ensure your children do not climb the slides, or play in front of the slide exits.
9) No sharp objects may be taken into the play area.
10) It is forbidden to climb on the netted walls or the system structure.
11) No food or drink items are allowed on any of the play equipment. Chewing gum is strictly prohibited.
12) It is forbidden to smoke, light candles or play with fire within the play centre.
13) Children who are unwell, or who have been unwell, should not visit the centre for at least 48 hours. Children who become unwell in the centre, must leave the centre immediately.
14) Balls or other objects must not be thrown at each other. Parental Supervision is required.
15) Fighting, bullying, abusive, aggressive, or any type of behaviour deemed to be unsuitable towards MegaCentre Staff, management, or other members of the public, from either children or adults, will not be tolerated under any circumstances. Management reserve the right to enforce total bans.
16) Parents / guardians must:
• Accept full responsibility to supervise their children at all times
• Observe their children to ensure that they are capable of using the equipment safely
• Explain these rules of play to the children and monitor their behaviour.
17) In the interests of Health and Safety, please ensure that any food debris which falls on the floor is picked/wiped up as soon as possible. Report any spillages to a member of staff.
18) Report all accidents to a first aid member of staff, to ensure that we can provide any necessary assistance and minimise the potential of reoccurrence. These will be logged and are an important part of ongoing safety audits.
19) Please report any damage to MegaCentre property to a member of staff.
20) Nappy changing and the use of potties etc. must be conducted in the toilets. Please ensure all nappies are placed in the correct bin provided.
21) No food or drinks can be consumed in the centre, unless purchased from the café. However, it is permitted to bring food and drink for babies under 1 year. Abuse of this rule, will result in the customer being asked to leave the centre.
22) Report any behavioural concerns to a member of staff. Don’t attempt to intervene yourself.
23) Management reserve the right to refuse entry.
24) We suggest that you leave all valuables at home. We have provided a few small shoe pocket, but cannot accept liability for any loss or theft that may occur.
25) Our team will keep watchful eye on children as they go about their normal tasks, however children will always remain the full responsibility of the parent/guardian or organiser at all times. We advise any customers with medical conditions including pregnancy, to avoid our activities.
Socks must be worn at all times and it is advisable to have children’s arms and legs fully covered, when using the slides. Dresses, skirts and shorts are unsuitable. Children should use slides feet first in a sitting or lying position on their backs. They should be encouraged to keep elbows in and clear of the slide surface. Adults are only allowed on the soft play structure to assist with young children and must also wear socks. Our equipment is designed for children’s play and adults using it do so at their own risk. Adults are not permitted to use the slides. Megacentre Rayleigh is not responsible for any lost or damaged items.