The MegaCentre Sensory Room is a special place that has a range of stimulating experiences that enhance learning, development and relaxation for babies, young children and their carers.
Come and relax and enjoy the lovely colourful but restful surroundings of the sensory room. Leave the jobs till later and spend some quality time with your little ones.
Some benefits of using the sensory room are:
◾Hand to eye co-ordination as little eyes track lights and bubbles
◾Colour and shape recognition
◾Gross and fine motor skills through playing with toys
◾Cause and Effect through interaction with equipment that responds
◾Speech and Language development through exploration
◾Baby-parent bonding through session activities and calming environment
Sensory Play Bookings
At the present time the sensory room is only available for exclusive hire. We hope to return our normal sensory sessions in the future.
Exclusive hire sessions– now only £29.95
45 minute session
Maximum number 5 children and 1 accompanying adult per child.
The Exclusive sessions are currently available for bookings Tues-Thurs 10.15am & 11.15am.
Sensory COVID Guidelines (please read in advance to your session)
• Adult customers and children aged 11 and over will be required to wear a face covering before entering and keep it on until they leave.
• All sessions are for 45 minutes, to allow for cleaning to take place in-between each session time.
• Sessions must be booked in advance to ensure details of customers are taken for track and trace.
• All customers are required to follow the government guidelines on social distancing, keeping 1m plus distance from anyone not in your household, whilst in the building.
• The capacity within sensory room has been reduced to allow for social distancing. There is now a maximum of 5 children and no more than a ratio of one adult per child will be permitted into the room.
• Please do not arrive more than 10 minutes before your session, unless you will be using the coffee bar, which is separate to the softplay area. If you do arrive early for your session, you we be required either wait in the coffee bar, subject to space available or wait outside of the building.
• There will be hand sanitiser stations at entry and exit points which you will be required to use. If you are not able to use the hand sanitiser for health reasons you will be required to use soap and water which is available within our toilet facilities.
• If you, your child or any member of your household have a fever or chills, temp 37.8 +, a new cough or a sore throat please re-schedule your visit and do not attend the centre. If you become unwell at any point during your visit with us please alert a member of staff straight away.
• Staff reserve the right to ask people to leave at any point during their visit if they are not following the Megacentre Rayleigh or government restrictions.
• Please note that softplay is separate to the Sensory room and must be booked and paid for in advance.
Sensory Room Terms & Conditions
- All payments are non-refundable and Sensory Play sessions are non-transferrable.
- Exclusive Sensory bookings may be movable subject to availability and to a charge.
- The Sensory room has a maximum capacity due to health and safety, if this capacity is breached staff have the right to ask additional guests to leave.
- All exclusive sessions must be booked at least one week in advance.
- Exclusive sessions are available for children up to 11 years of age.
- Socks must be worn at all times by children and adults.
Closed Days: Easter Sunday, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Years Day
Lovey place really friendly staff cant recommend it enough we all left relaxed
20th January 2016
Took my niece today for the musical group. The sensory room was great, fantastic resources and completely safe to just let her toddle/crawl around and explore by herself. She was fascinated by the colours, textures and sounds. She loved joining in with the instruments and singing songs. Lovely, understanding staff. Thanks
4th January 2017
My daughter enjoys the sensory room every week. The teacher Sam is really friendly & always engages with all the children. There is lots to keep my daughter entertained & everything is spotlessly clean. Thanks!
13th October 2016
Went to the sensory today with my husband and my twins daughters and we all really enjoyed it both our girls played with everything will defiantly come again and recommended it x
23rd February 2017
Myself and partner took our 6month old to musical Wednesday in the sensory room & she absolutely loved it and was rolling around like a lunatic! It was nice that other fathers were there too which you don't see often due to work commitments. The teacher was lovely & explained all the sections of the room. We will definitely go back to try out another themed class. ��
30th September 2016
Been to my first session today, what a lovely way to spend a Monday morning! Will be back next week!
3rd October 2016
Just been to my first sensory group. Really enjoyed it and will Definately be back... Sam was brilliant, really got all the children engaged and really friendly ��
27th September 2016
I love this sensory room! It has everything and more.. than most sensory places that charge the earth! £3.50 per session is great value! Our babies seem to really enjoy it! Everything is so interactive, great for exploring babies! Something different daily. Nicola- the lovely lady that runs it is brilliant! Soo friendly and energetic ( really don't know how you do it nic) thank u for this gem! Oh the handmade sensory toys are fantastic, everything is spotlessly clean! xxx huge thumbs up 🖒🖒🖒🖒 xx
20th May 2017
Relax Monday's brilliant, we have already booked again x x
26th September 2016
Brilliant. What an amazing safe space for babies to enjoy. Could have stayed all day. Will be going again.
24th July 2015
My 15 week old had a great time at the musical babies session today � he was so tired and would normally cry if he hadn't slept but he was so calm and mesmerised by the lights and toys and fell asleep towards the end of the session without any fuss which he wouldn't normally do!
15th February 2017
I took my 19 month old to the chatty Tuesday session today. He absolutely loved it, he was able to explore the sensory room himself for the first part of the session, where nic who led the session was interacting and reading him stories! My little boy is very active, and nic was able to provide many different resources for him to keep him interested and enjoying the whole 50minutes! The session ended with a brilliant story with props that my son loved joining in with! The room is very well equipped, welcoming and so clean. A definite must visit!
13th December 2016