Volunteer with The MegaCentre Rayleigh
Volunteer with us and make a difference in the lives of young people, children and families. Please take a look below at the vacancies that are currently available.
If you’d like more information, please contact us via our contact page or call us on 01268 779100
To apply to volunteer please fill in the Volunteer Enquiry Form, complete and return to us.
We will then contact you to arrange an informal interview date which we aim to undertake within four weeks of receipt of your Enquiry Form.
DBS (CRB) checks are required.
Youth Work Team
Youth Club Team Member
- Assisting with and running activities within youth club setting for young people aged 10-16 including sports, arts or topic based discussion
- Building supportive relationships with young people
- Assisting with set up and pack down
You will work as part of the Youth Club Team, engaging with young people aged 13-19, building positive relationships and assisting the Youth Development Worker in running and growing the youth club. Full training and support provided.
Additional – potential café work, and wider project engagement
Youth Support Worker
- Assisting with school and group work based work alongside Youth Development Worker
- Providing a listening ear to young people and linking them with wider opportunities
You will work directly with the Youth Development Worker to deliver specific group work sessions for young people aged 10-19 in school and community settings. Full training and support provided.
XL Youth Mentor
- Providing 1-2-1 support to a young people referred to the programme
- Meeting mentee on a regular basis and offering advice and support
- Attending group work sessions as planned
You will work within the XL Mentoring Team to provide 1-2-1 support for a young person assigned to you for a minimum of 1 year. You will meet within a community setting on a regular basis offering a listening ear, supportive advice and general guidance. Full training and support provided.
Family Support Team
Family Fun Team Member
- Befriending parents and young people within Family Fun sessions
- Supervising and running activities
- Helping with set up and pack down
You will work as part of the Family Support Team, engaging with attendees of the weekly Family Fun session, assisting the Family Support Workers in planning, delivery and development of the programme. Full training and support provided.
Family Support Assistant
- Assisting Family Support Workers in group work programmes – e.g. Twins Group, Parentalk, Parent’s Forums
- Befriending parents and listening to them
- Helping with planning and delivery of session content
You will work directly with a Family Support Worker to deliver specific group work sessions for parents and children within the local community. Opportunities available in a variety of programme settings. Full training and support provided.
Fundraising Events Coordinator
- Planning and arranging fundraising events with the local community to raise funds for Megacentre charitable work
- Championing Megacentre Rayleigh locally to increase regular donations
You will work closely with CEO and wider Megacentre Rayleigh team to plan and deliver a schedule of fundraising events and activities to increase the charities unrestricted funds. Full support provided.
- Researching and collating good news stories from across the Megacentre Rayleigh’s work within the community
- Developing and distributing a regular newsletter regarding Megacentre Rayleigh activities
- Generating Press Releases and Social Media updates
You will work closely with the CEO and wider Megacentre team to promote the work of the Megacentre to the general public through print and digital media. Would suit someone with good writing skills who is competent in IT and has a desire to find and share a good story.
- Completing general administrative duties such as filing, photocopying, noticeboard upkeep
- Undertaking banking duties for cash take
You will work as part of the reception team, assisting with general administrative duties and assisting with the smooth running of the Megacentre Rayleigh operations. Full training and support provided.
Sports Host (3 Hours per Week)
- Setting up sports equipment for daytime sessions
- Hosting daytime community sports sessions
- Pack down of sports equipment
You will work as part of the Megacentre day team, setting up and hosting daytime community sports sessions. Would suit someone who is physically fit and able to lift equipment, and who is sociable with a hospitable attitude.