The benefits of soft play are well documented:
- Encouraging active play
- Learning through exploring a fun environment
- Using imagination and exploration to learn confidence and independence
- Trying new activities and achieving new skills
- Developing new motor skills and problems solving through exploration
Soft Play sessions
Softplay sessions must now be booked in advance, please book online or call us to make a booking.
Click here to book online
School Holidays & Bank Holidays
Monday to Friday session times may vary; please check our online booking system for more details. Weekends as above.
A half an hour break in between each session is in place for deep cleaning.
Please check these dates/hours and availability with Reception before travelling.
For Exclusive Hire please visit our ‘parties and exclusive hire’ page
Prices for play sessions
|Age||Midweek Term Times||Weekend & Holidays|
*free if accompanied by a paying sibling.
Adult admission just £1.75
£1 childminders discount available Mon-Fri term time for Play Sessions.
Childminder must present a valid Ofsted registration card.
‘Twins Discount’ buy 1 get 1 free available Monday-Friday during term time only
This offer can be booked in person or over the phone, please note evidence may be required.
(Weds-Fri Term Time only)
After school deal – Entry & kids hot meal – £9.95
Top tips for surviving Soft Play during bad weather and peak times
If the weather is bad we WILL be busy and may become full.
Our car park and parking on the estate is free, however spaces may be limited at busy times. We would encourage customers to car share with friends where this is possible.
If we reach capacity, there will be a wait until the next entry time, so please allow for this. We would love to be able to ‘squeeze’ extras in but we have a capacity in place for your children’s safety and everyone’s enjoyment, so we will adhere to this.
If we are full, you can book for the next session. We recommend doing this straight away otherwise the next entry time may change!
If you are coming as a group, we recommend booking together to ensure everyone enters and plays at the same time.
Please allow time to order and wait for your food to be prepared in the café. Everything is made to order so this can take a little bit longer if we are busy, but we always aim to serve as quickly as we can.
Please be aware that all children and adults entering the soft play area are required to wear socks at all times as well as clothing that is comfortable and covers both arms and legs. Please click to see full ‘Rules of Play’.
Rules of play
- All children must be accompanied by a responsible adult, who should be over the age of 18 and must remain within the building at all times. The Megacentre Rayleigh does not accept responsibility for the supervision of children.
- Leave badges, valuable items and toys with a responsible adult. Spectacles should only be worn if they have shatterproof lenses.
- When entering the structure shoes must be removed and socks worn by everyone going on the structure including adults.
- There is an age restriction in some areas and this is in place for the safety and enjoyment for all children.
- Sessions are time limited, please ensure you leave by the time stated on your booking. Overstay of the time limit may result in an over charge which must be paid before leaving the building.
- It is recommended that children wear suitable clothing to cover their arms and legs and all clothing to be tucked in to minimise the risk of injury.
- For safety reasons, we ask that parents do not ride slides. Children are not permitted to climb the slides or play in front of the slide exits.
- No sharp objects may be taken into the Megaplay.
- It is forbidden to climb on the netted walls or the structure framework.
- No food or drink items are allowed on any of the play equipment. Chewing gum is strictly prohibited.
- It is forbidden to smoke or light candles within the play centre.
- Children who are unwell, or who have been unwell, should not visit the centre for at least 48 hours. Children who become unwell in the centre, must leave the centre immediately.
- Balls or other objects must not be thrown at each other.
- Abusive, aggressive or any type of behaviour deemed to be unsuitable towards Megacentre staff or other members of the public, from either children or adults, will not be tolerated under any circumstances. Management reserve the right to enforce total bans.
- Parents / guardians must:
- Accept full responsibility to supervise their children at all times.
- Observe their children to ensure that they are capable of using the equipment safely.
- Explain these rules of play to the children and monitor their behaviour.
- Socks must be worn at all times and it is advisable to have children’s arms and legs fully covered. Dresses, skirts and shorts are unsuitable.
- Children should use slides feet first in a sitting or lying position on their backs. They should be encouraged to keep elbows in and clear of the slide surface.
- Our equipment is designed for children’s play and adults using it do so at their own risk.
- Adults are not permitted to use the slides.
Our Megaplay Cafe is situated within the Megaplay room and provide’s a range of hot and cold drinks, snacks and meals for hungry Megaplayers and tired parents! You’ll be pleased to know the cafe also offers free WiFi. Only food and drink purchased from the café may be consumed on the premises.
To see our menus, please visit the Coffee Shop page